Assoc. Prof. Priv. Doz. Dr. Markus Klinger, MBA, FEBVS
Born at the 18th of september in 1973 in Klagenfurt, divorced, two children.
- 1979-1983 primary school in Klagenfurt.
- 1983-1991 Secundary school „Ingeborg Bachmann Gymnasium“ in Klagenfurt, examination „summa cum laude“.
- 1991-1998 Studies of human medicine at the Medical University of Vienna. Clinical electives in Switzerland and Canada. Graduation in 1998.
- Master’s thesis:
September 1997- December 1998 „Pharmakologische Regulation des Ryanodin
Rezeptors“ Institute of Pharmacology, Prof. Dr. Martin Honenegger and Prof. Dr. Michael Freissmuth
For Surgery, June 2010: Targeted Tumor Therapy via Growth Factor and G-protein Coupled Receptor Signaling Components: Ex- and In-vivo Studies
Professional Track Record:
- 1999-2003; FWF-Research Assistent, Institute of Pharmacology, Prof. Freissmuth, Medical University of Vienna
- From 2003 to 2008 Resident at the Department of Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, General Hospital of Vienna
- From 2008 Facharzt to 2011 Consultant for Surgery at the Department of Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, General Hospital of Vienna
- Since 2011 Senior Cunsultant for Surgery and Vascular Surgery at the Department of Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, General Hospital of Vienna
- 2008-2010 Executive MBA Health Care Management at the Vienna University of Economics and Business
- Piano, Opera, Marathon
- Scholarship of the „Hans und Blanca Moser Stiftung 1999“
- Aventis Award 1999
- „Förderungspreis“- Award of Vienna for „Innovative Cancer Research“ 2003
- Theodor-Billroth-Award of the Austrian Society for Surgery 2006